The Meals on Wheels Caterer is responsible for providing innovative meal preparations that contribute to the nutritional value of individuals who live at home. This will be accomplished by promoting adequate nutrition to any individual that is part of our 5 First Nation service area and requires clinical supports.
- Integrity and Respect of cultural diversity
- Work effectively both independently and with a team.
- Implement meal services by planning, purchasing, cooking, and coordinating diverse menus.
- Work with the Home Care team of PSWs and RPNs to ensure timely delivery of meals to clients.
- Document meal preparations within client charting system.
- Develop innovative client interactions through virtual learning sessions.
- Conduct and maintain inventory necessary to perform meal preparations.
- Ensure the preparation station is cleaned and maintained according to Health Canada standards
- Dependability and Adaptability
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- A certificate or diploma from a recognized college in the health or culinary field or equivalent working experience.
- Experience in providing catering, culinary or Meals on Wheels services would be an asset.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and to perform proper lifting techniques when preparing meals and moving inventory.
- Function effectively in stressful situations.
- Work weekends when required.
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe culture, language, and traditions.
- Current Ontario Driver’s License (and vehicle)
Deadline: Friday, April 2, 2021 @ 12:00pm
Send Resume, cover letter, Vulnerable Sector Check, 3 references and copies of credentials marked ‘Confidential’ in person, by mail or email to:
Mnaamodzawin Health Services
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy 540
48 Hillside Road, Aundeck Omni Kaning
Little Current, Ontario P0P 1K0