The Diabetes Health Promotion Worker’s mandate is to ensure that quality diabetes prevention and promotion programs are provided to individuals, families, and communities within Mnaamodzawin Health Services catchment area. The Diabetes Health Promotion Worker will collaborate with community health teams including dieticians and community health nurses, and local agencies to provide ongoing activities and engagement for youth, adults, and elders. They will promote health and wellness in communities by educating individuals and families on Type 1, Type 2, and Gestational Diabetes and promote physical activity, exercise, and healthy eating initiatives in the community. They will research, assess, and document the needs of the diabetic individuals in our First Nation communities and promote healthy living.
- Respect cultural diversity
- Work effectively both independently and with others.
- Knowledgeable of social media platforms and marketing
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Diploma in a health related and/or Social Services program
- Diabetes Educator Certificate an asset
- Experience in planning, organizing, and facilitating group sessions, events, and meetings.
- Knowledge and proficiency in program development, delivery, and evaluation.
- Administrative skills including strong computer skills, completing annual works plans, developing policies, managing budgets.
- Knowledgeable and respectful of Anishinaabe customs, culture, and language
- Current Ontario Driver’s License (and vehicle)
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
Deadline: Friday, September 29, 2023 @ 12:00pm
Send Resume, cover letter, 3 references marked ‘Confidential’ in person, by mail or email to:
Mnaamodzawin Health Services
Postal Bag 2003, Hwy 540
48A Hillside Road, Aundeck Omni Kaning
Little Current, Ontario P0P 1K0
* only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted