The Mission of the Home Care Program is to ensure that health services are equitable, accessible, and appropriate. The Home Care Program strives to preserve and maximize an individual’s ability to remain independent at home by offering services that provide safe, effective care, and support.
- Work in partnership with other service providers to increase the effectiveness of the community care and to eliminate gaps and duplications of services provided to our clients we serve.
- To assist clients to live in the community as independently as possible, preserving and encouraging enhancement of the support provided by families and communities.
- Manage services effectively and efficiently, demonstrating accountability for the use of public funds.
Personal Support Services
- Social and congregate dining
- Community socials
- Friendly home visits and security checks
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Pressure prevention program
- Equipment loans such as: wheelchairs, beds, walkers, shower chairs, walkers, commodes, etc.
- Meals on wheels
- Generic transportation
- Respite care
- Assisted living program
- Care coordination
- Foot care chiropodist clinic referrals
- Health risk assessment
- Accompanied doctor visits
- Companion services (friendly visits)
- Care giver relief (respite)
- End of life care
- Mental health, dietician, traditional healer referrals
- Medication monitoring and administration assistance
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter maintenance
- Intravenous medication maintenance
- Blood draws
- Monitor vital signs
- Occupational and physiotherapy referrals
- Discharge planning from hospitals
- Wound care
- Long-term care referrals
- Individualized care plan
To register or for more information contact our team Lead RN at: 705-368-2182 ext. 202, or the Director of Care at ext. 210